Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Last night I decided to get started on making christmas gifts for friends and family.

I will share my Pumkin  &  Apple butter recipes. I bought these plastic "Ball" canning or freezer containers that I have mixed feelings about. They were marked down to cheap cheap and they could be re-used so why not, the problem is there not that cute :( they have purple lids. I like purple but not realy the look I was going for! I guess I could cover the tops with fabric and tie rafia around, that should work right? Any Ideas?



PUMPKIN BUTTER
                                                                      
1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree


3/4 cup apple juice

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg


..DIRECTIONS

1.Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.

2.Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
 
 
 
APPLE BUTTER
 
5 1/2 pounds apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped


4 cups sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon salt

Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

Add to Shopping List

Customize Recipe

Add a Personal Note

..DIRECTIONS

1.Place apples in a slow cooker. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt; pour over apples and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently as it thickens to prevent sticking). Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer. If desired, stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and refrigerate or freeze.
 

No comments: